Earthquake in Lorca Spain




Yesterday, round 17.00h we were drinking something in a bar 2km from the center off Lorca.
Suddenly the earth was shaking, drinks were falling on the floor, and everybody was looking around him to see what was going on. We didn't realise that it was an earthquake, but a few minutes later, when we came home our oldest son asked us if we felt the same,. He also told us everything was shaking, and the swimmingpool was like a see. Ok, we sufferd a light earthquake,  we thought...
I even made jokes about it on msn with my sister, and my last words were, ok I'm going to take a little siesta now. So we did. In my dream, there was a earthquake. but when I opened my eyes everything in our room was shaking like gellypudding. In those few seconds who seemed to last minutes, houses collapsed like matches, and people died. 


Even then we didn't realize how bad it was. We went out to pick up our youngest son from the guarderia in the center off Lorca. Just a few hundred meters out off our street, there was a lot off traffic, and we saw collapsed walls, people panicing. Our youngest son was doing alright,  but just a building away there was a wall collapsing. It took us an hour to get back to our house, a 750 meters trip. The first two quakes, we didn't realize immediately what was going on but I can assure you that  we felt every (little) quake afterwards twice as hard, just because being frightened and wondering about what will happen...